1. Should Our Alzheimer’s Loved Ones Get The Covid-19 Vaccine?
Should Our Alzheimer’s Loved Ones Get The Covid-19 Vaccine? I came across this interesting article on the Alzheimer’s News Today website entitled “Should Your Loved One Get The Covid-19 Vaccine? This is a good question in our current environment.
Written by Ray Burow, the above article, “Should Our Alzheimer’s Loved Ones GetCovid-19 Vaccine,” discusses how our elders & their caretakers should be the first to get the Covid-19 vaccines.” This is a good question in our current environment. Although the vaccine is here and being distributed, how much of an impact will this have on people with Alzheimer’s and the caregivers?
Written by Ray Burow, the article explains how our elders & their caretakers should be the first to get the Covid-19 vaccines. The hard thing is that “Vaccinating an entire world is a vast undertaking.” In the United States, nearly 50 million people are 65 or older, more than 15% of the population.
2. Who Comes First: Patients or Caregivers?
It’s actually hard to say who should be first. Some might say that the caregivers should get it first. Without it, the caregivers may get sick from the Corona Virus and cannot care for their loved ones. Others say that the person with Alzheimer’s should get the dose first due to specific pre-conditions. Hard decisions to make, right? This article stated as such and it’s good information.
Who do you think should get the Conrovirus medicine first? What do you think can be done to be the most effective? I personally don’t know the answers as the disease doesn’t seem to have a preference to whom it goes to first. Check out this article to understand some of the answers. So, all that to say I think there is no specific answer. The bottom line is everyone needs the vaccine and somehow instead of the question ‘who comes first,’ I think the Government needs to answer a similar question?
‘How do we get ALL Nations to
quickly protect our family, friends, and the World?”
3. Other Important Questions?
Just from the constant changing news, everyone seems to be working on a cure/vaccine. But we may have to do more by answering different questions.
- How do we make enough of the medication to cure the world quickly and efficiently? Answer: I’m impressed by the quick creation of the current vaccination, but why haven’t we all received it by now. And FREE, of course! Just like the Covid medication, the Alzheimer’s drug maybe could have been created quicker, tested, etc., much earlier.
- How can we get nations to work together and get everyone the medication they need as fast as we need it?
- Can we push the correct medication (something that works to help protect us all)?
- Should Alzheimer’s Loved Ones Get The Covid-19 Vaccine too? Read the link for Item #4.
Remember to note below in the comments section and tell us what You think?
Together as a World, we can help each other. God bless and stay safe.
Florida Alzheimer’s Advocate